Selling at Amazon — rules and enforcement
Selling at Amazon.com Is Easy
Everyone is welcome to list items for sale at Amazon.com. We offer several ways to sell your items to our millions of customers, each with its own advantages.
Amazon Marketplace is the best place to sell new, used, refurbished and collectible items — you list your item right alongside the same item carried by Amazon.com. Amazon.com collects no fees unless you sell.
Like any community, our Amazon Merchants community has rules to help ensure a safe and enjoyable buying and selling experience. Please take a moment to read through our Community Rules. General guidelines:
• Honor your commitment to buy or sell.
• Maintain current account information.
• Limit your selling and auctions bidding activity to a single account. If you ever find you can't log in, seek password assistance. Suspended customers may not establish new accounts.
• Leave thoughtful feedback about your transaction partners.
• Do not misrepresent yourself.
• Participants must be at least 18 years old.
Violations of our Participation Agreement of which these Community Rules are a part-can result in suspension of your Amazon.com account.
Auction bids are binding contracts, therefore we do not allow auction participants to retract bids. However, bids may be withdrawn if one of the following events occurs:
• New information added by the seller has materially altered the impression of the item for which the bid was placed.
• The bidder has made an obvious typographical error (e.g., bid $2,500 when a bid of $25,00 was intended).
• The e-mail address provided by the seller is invalid.
• The feedback rating of the seller has changed negatively since the bidder's initial bid on an item was submitted.
Shill Bidding/Auction Manipulation
Auction participants may not bid on their own auction listings. Furthermore, to ensure a fair auction environment, users may not work in concert to manipulate the outcome of an auction.
Marketplace Selling Offenses & Prohibited Content
Sellers at Amazon Marketplace are expected to abide by the following Community Rules.
Marketplace Prohibited Content
• Promotional media. Promotional versions of all media-including books (advance reading copies and uncorrected proofs), music, and videos (screeners)-are prohibited.
• Unauthorized and unlicensed merchandise. All media-including books, CDs, VHS tapes, and DVDs sold through Amazon Marketplace-must be fully licensed and authorized versions.
• Recopied media. Copies, dubs, duplicates, or transfers of books, music, videos, television programs, radio programs, concerts, DVDs, software, etc., are prohibited. Recopied media infringe upon copyrights and trademarks and are illegal to sell.
• Limit contact to transaction partners. Amazon.com encourages buyers and sellers to communicate with one another by e-mail during an Amazon Marketplace transaction. Contact between parties must be courteous and limited to transaction details. Facilitating inappropriate or unsolicited contact is a violation of our Community Rules.
• Be honest about the condition of your item. When listing an item, be careful to select the condition term that best represents the item you are posting to Amazon Marketplace.
• Do not divert transactions or buyers. Any attempt to circumvent the established Amazon.com sales process or to divert Amazon Marketplace participants to another Web site or sales process is prohibited.
• Do not misuse the ratings and feedback forum. Ratings help participants develop a reputation within the Amazon Marketplace community. The rating feature is a forum where buyers and sellers can evaluate the overall performance of a transaction partner. Participants may not post abusive or inappropriate feedback or include personal information about a transaction partner. Furthermore, any attempt to manipulate ratings of any participant is prohibited, please note that this also includes posting ratings to your own account. Since ratings cannot be altered, be careful to provide your transaction partner sufficient time to complete a sale before submitting a rating.
Sellers are expected to conduct proper research to ensure that the items posted to our Web site are in compliance with all local, state, national, and international laws. If we determine that the content of a product detail page is prohibited, we may summarily remove or alter it. Amazon.com reserves the right to make judgments about whether or not content is appropriate. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the items we prohibit:
• Offensive material.
• Illegal items.
• Stolen goods.
• Domain names.
• Firearms, ammunition, and weapons.
ВопросКакие особенности взаимоотношений контрагентов в Интернет-пространстве можно выделить на примере взаимодействия продавцов и покупателей на Amazon.com? Как особенности Интернет-пространства влияют на их стимулы следовать существующим в обществе формальным и неформальным правилам? Каким образом правила, действующие на Amazon.com, помогают преодолеть проблему принуждения к следованию правилам, существующим в обществ?